So now it's the middle of the night. I'm alone in my own hotel room. Here's something that I would love to share with all of you. For those who read my blog and followed me for quite awhile you probably see how I grow. Yeah, from a person who always need someone for accompany until now, being able to be alone and enjoy that little precious time my own.
Look back to what I had gone through was easy but how I gone through it was hard. But now everything was different and I learned to enjoy being alone. Yes, it sounds weird but this is what I feel now. From a person who can't stay away from friends and always need someone to accompany me in order to do something to a person that could enjoy the time where I'm able to do things my own and do it well.
So this is now...my current desk situation! Hahaha super messy but i just want to blog about how I feel now so I could keep this in mind and able to share my thoughts with all of you. The first time I'm alone when I'm oversea was quite scary. Sleep alone in the apartment in Korea, shopping alone at gangnam, eating alone ...everything were so scary for me. I decided to stay at my room , go to the 7-11 and take away instant noodle eat at home instead of eating alone outside of my apartment in Korea, called smelly and talk to him when I feel so scary at the room with me being alone.
The second time was actually few weeks ago where I get sponsored for a media trip to Hokkaido , Japan and knowing no one was there to accompany me travel to Japan, sleep alone at the super big and private hotel that prepared by the team , take shower and make up without talking with anyone because I'm my own company.
I feel scary & awkward at the first few time and soon I get used to it. Now you see, time heal everything and allow you to learn something that you think you can't do it or ...I should say time prove you what YOU CAN do when you think you can't do it at first. I learned from what brought me here and enjoy everything that I can to prove myself that nothing is impossible until it done.
You might feel scary at first but soon when you know the trick with it, you probably could be the second chanwon who can deal with the pain and enjoy being alone with your own. HAHHA Maybe not be the second me but be the brave version of yourself.
I always not confident on being alone myself. I don't believe I can do it my own, I just can't do it well when I don't have my friend with me or being there to accompany me. Now I would love to share with you some of the reasons why I start to fall in love for being alone. It's interesting as well :) Are you ready? Let's get started!
Reasons to enjoy being alone:-
- Now, I love being alone when I need to be because this is when I'm able to meet new opportunities and learn new things in my life. I feel a little lonely when no one could wake me up or talk to me when I'm alone but I feel much surprised where I can reflect more often when I don't have anyone to accompany me. That little self-reflection time was precious for me because this is when I could understand myself more and believe this quote 'IF YOU THINK YOU CAN, YOU CAN!'. So now, I CAN!
- Next, being alone able to meet new friends during my travel journey or when I'm oversea working for something. My friends circle increase from other job position / out of my comfort zone and think differently. I learn to think from other's perspective & positions and in a way for being much mature. Learn to be optimistic and accept changes in my life.
- Also, independent! Once you enjoy being alone, you will start to feel more confident in your ability to actually be alone and soon it naturally leads to you feeling more independent. You will no longer burning desire for company or the anxiety associated with looking around and seeing no one but YOURSELF.
- Being alone can be more productive in a way where you get less or zero distraction from getting your work done. You can be really focus on something and unexpectedly, you can do it well! Then soon, you start doing things you actually enjoy.
- Lastly, you have no longer need to apologize for anything and at the same time you could get a break from constantly trying to keep other people happy. The only person’s happiness you have to worry about in that particular time for being alone with your own is just YOURSELF... You can treat yourself more and keep doing thing that could makes you happy, but may have upset someone else. You stop your second guessing about everything you say, or every move you make because you’re afraid someone is going to be offended, or saddened, and angered. So that precious moment is just about YOU , YOURSELF when you are alone!
- You learn to appreciate other people more and those little thing that happen in your life.
This is true from my thought and you will learn to trust yourself more from doing thing you like and you want. People call it being alone but I call it enjoying my own company!
To sum up everything here...
Just take the opportunity to spend some time alone and you will start to love yourself more and appreciate everything in your life. Alone is not scary at all. Everything is based on how you think for it and deal with it. Remember you are your best company in your life. I'm glad that I could spend some time for myself to be alone and enjoy as much as I can.
Now, how about you? Have you ever tried to be alone?
P.s: But there are one thing that I'm not alright for being alone....is...worry about...ghost xD HAHAHAHAHAH Just joking!!!